Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 - 12 minutes
These burgers are light as a feather, have a rich flavor from the olives and the warmth of a popular spice in Mexican and Middle Eastern cuisine - cumin. Serve with any condiments of your choice and make sure to have lettuce and slices of tomato on hand.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (93/7 blend)
- ½ cup chopped green olives
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Mix the turkey, olives, parsley, cumin and pepper together in a large bowl - use your hands here; they're the best utensils.
- Shape into 4 burgers.
- Preheat a pan over medium-high heat or preheat a grill. Cook for 5 - 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve with whole-wheat buns, lettuce, tomato and condiments on the side.