- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 cups carrots, cut into ⅛" rounds
- 4 cups pure water or veggie stock
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp dried bouquet garni
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- any other herbs you'd like (for spicy soup, try curry or cumin; for a more savory soup, try parsley, tarragon or dill)
- Place all vegetables into a large soup pot with the water or stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the soy sauce and herbs.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10–15 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Remove 1½ cups of the carrots from the soup and set aside.
- Strain the remaining soup, reserving the broth, and puree the veggies in a blender or food processor.
- Recombine the reserved carrots, broth and puree.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add any other seasonings to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.