Apple Soup - Serves 6
- 2 pounds tart apples
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 lemon juice and rind only
- 2 pints boiling water
- 5 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 4 tablespoons currant jelly
- Wash, core and slice the apples.
- Put apples, cinnamon stick, lemon peel, boiling water and the crumbles in a kettle and boil until apples are tender.
- Remove cinnamon stick and lemon peel.
- Put apples through a sieve.
- Add lemon juice, sugar, wine and jelly.
- Stir well, reheat briefly, and serve at once.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.