In 1933, women were still using loose face powder regularly, and swearing by Listerine as a scalp conditioner. This recipe was published in a 1933 Women's magazine.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- your favorite cut of steak, cut into pieces which have been slashed several times on each side (enough for two)
- hot fat
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- butter or margarine for greasing
- 1 onion, sliced
- celery leaves, or cut up pieces of celery
- boiling water
- Flour your pieces of steak well and sear in the hot fat until browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Now butter a casserole dish, and line it with a layer of onion slices, celery or leaves, followed by the steak.
- Sprinkle with catsup.
- Continue to layer with remaining ingredients, depending on how much steak you have, adding catsup with each layer.
- Now cover with boiling water, and bake at 375 °F in a covered casserole dish for 2 hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.