This is a wonderful salad and it has many possibilities.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 6 cups iceberg lettuce, romaine, leaf lettuce, bibb lettuce or spinach
- 1 (10 oz) pkg. frozen peas, thawed or 2 cups sliced fresh cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, or canned water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- ½ lb bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss, American, cheddar, colby, Monterey jack or brick cheese (6 oz)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp ground red pepper
- 2 tbsp sliced green onion
- Place lettuce or spinach in bottom of a large salad bowl; sprinkle with a little salt, pepper and sugar.
- Spoon desired vegetable evenly atop.
- Arrange egg slices and bacon over vegetable.
- Top with desired shredded cheese.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, paprika and red pepper.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over top of salad, sealing to edge of bowl.
- Cover and chill salad in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.
- Before serving, toss to coat the vegetables.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.