3-Bean Salad from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Serves: 6
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 x 15 oz can cut wax beans
- ½ x 15 oz can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cook green beans according to package instructions then drain.
- In a large bowl, combine green beans, wax beans, kidney beans, bell pepper and onion.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, oil, dry mustard, black pepper and garlic then pour over bean mixture.
- Toss to combine then cover and refrigerate for at least 3–4 hours before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.