- 1 frozen chopped broccoli, 10
- 1½ tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2½ cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, to taste
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Cook broccoli for 5 minutes * in a large saucepan over medium high heat, melt butter, cook 1 minute.
- Add the 2 tbsp flour, whisk 1 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in milk and salt until smooth and boiling.
- Add broccoli and grated cheese, continue to whisk.
- season with cayenne pepper and nutmeg if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.