Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 2⅔ cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine or butter — soft
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coffee — hot
- 1⅜ ounces Heath bars
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon coffee instant
- 1 teaspoon water — hot
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease and flour 3 x 8-inch cake pans.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, margarine, buttermilk, cocoa, baking soda, vanilla, salt and eggs.
- With mixer on low, beat just until mixed, scraping sides with spatula.
- Add coffee to bowl.
- Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into pans.
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes.
- Cool cake in pans on racks, 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely.
- While cake is cooling, chop heath bars.
- Reserve ⅔ of the heath bar.
- In a cup, dissolve ½ tsp instant coffee with 1 tsp hot water.
- With serrated knife, cut each cake in two, making 6 thin layers.
- In a bowl, beat whipping cream, brown sugar and cooled 1 tsp of coffee until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble cake, place 1 layer on plate; spread with ½ cup whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with ⅕ of the remaining heath bar.
- Repeat layers 4 more times.
- Top with last layer of cake.
- Thinly spread whipped cream over top and sides of cake.
- Gently press reserved ⅔ of the heaths onto top and sides of cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.