- 1 c. dried small, Fava bean, soaked overnight and drained
- ¼ olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the fava beans in a pot and cover with water; then cover the pot and cook over medium heat for 45 minutes to an hour until they are very tender, adding more water if necessary.
- Drain the beans, and place in a mixing bowl; then add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt, pepper, ground coriander, cumin, lemon juice and garlic and mix well until some of the beans are slightly crushed.
- Transfer to 4 soup bowls; then place an egg in the center of each plate. Sprinkle each plate with the remaining oil; then garnish with the coriander leaves and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.