Palm nut soup
- 1 tin Ghanacan palm liquid
- 1½ lb meat
- 2 medium sized onions
- 6 shallots, chopped
- 3 tomatoes
- 4 garden eggs
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, ground
- 2 tbsp smoked dried shrimp, ground
- salt to taste
- Clean, cut meat into pieces and wash.
- Put meat in a saucepan, season with salt, chopped shallots, garlic and a little ginger.
- Add enough water and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the palm liquid to meat with washed vegetables (tomatoes, onions, garden eggs) and ground pepper.
- Cook until vegetables are soft.
- Remove tomatoes and onions, grind and return to soup.
- Remove garden eggs, seed and strain, return to soup.
- Simmer for about 1 hour.
- Serve with fufu, banku, kenkey, etc.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.