This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- ½ cup scallions with green minced
- ½ cup almonds chopped and blanched
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup white onion chopped
- ¼ cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 fresh corn tortillas
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sliced ripe ==Directions==
- In small bowl toss together chicken, scallions and almonds.
- Sprinkle on salt then mix and set aside.
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium heat then add onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Saute until vegetables are soft then stir in tomato paste, water, chili powder, salt and oregano and blend well.
- Lower heat then cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Lightly oil a casserole dish.
- Dip a tortilla in hot sauce until partially saturated then place tortilla in casserole dish and fill with ⅛ of the chicken mixture.
- Top with 1 tablespoon sour cream then roll into an enchilada.
- Place in dish seam side down.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- When casserole is filled drizzle remaining sauce over top then sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Bake 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.