Not your everyday chicken recipe, this dish was inspired by the distinctive and appetizing flavor combinations of the Caribbean. Serve over white or brown rice. I prepared this tonight and it came out great. Roger.
- Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- This serves 3 hungry people.
- 3 thick whole boneless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1½ cups orange juice
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- salt and pepper to taste
- rice cooked separately
- In saucepan, heat orange juice, raisins and marmalade and stir until marmalade melts.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker and add chicken chunks.
- Lightly brown.
- Add the orange juice mixture plus the brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Close lid and bring to high pressure, then lower heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and release using the natural release.
- Open, stir, taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, place chicken a rice bed on dish then add some of the sauce and sprinkle with flaked coconut.
- If sauce is too thin mix a tablespoon of corn starch in a small bowl with water.
- Stir until dissolved completely and add to the chicken and sauce in pressure cooker until desired thickness is reached.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.