Achards (hot vegetable curry) - Serves 4
- 8 oz carrots, cut into Julienne
- 8 oz White cabbage, finely shredded
- 8 oz small Cauliflower Florets
- 8 oz French green beans, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 oz Fresh Root ginger, coarsely grated
- 4 large chilli peppers, deseeded and shredded
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1 heaped teasp curry Powder (check ingredients label)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Place the carrots, cabbage, Cauliflower and green beans in a medium saucepan, cover with water, season with salt then bring to the boil and cook for just 1–2 minutes until the vegetables are tender crisp. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the ginger, chillies, Onion and curry powder and cook, stirring for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the drained vegetables and cook over a high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice mix well then remove from the heat and allow to cool. Serve as an accompaniment.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.