- 1 cup acini di pepe (pasta)
- 2 x (12 oz) cans mandarin oranges
- 1 x (20 oz) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 x (6 oz) bottle maraschino cherries
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- pinch of salt (⅛ teaspoon or less!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 x (12 oz.) tub non-dairy whipped topping
- Drain all fruit, reserving liquid.
- Cut maraschino cherries in half.
- Cook acini according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse to cool, set aside in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs or place in blender to whip.
- In same pot used to cook the acini, place the reserved liquid, sugar, flour and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly with wire whisk.
- Temper eggs with hot liquid, return to pan.
- If you're using an electric stove, turn off heat, return pan to hot burner, stirring constantly till mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat, pour over cooled acini.
- Stir gently but thoroughly.
- Mixture will be soupy.
- Add fruit, stir gently to combine, cover and refrigerate 4 – 6 hours or overnight.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.