- 1 cup raw rice
- 1/4 cup thuar dal
- 1/4 cup chana dal
- ⅓ cup yellow split peas
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 8[[red chillies]
- 20 [[small onion]
Curry leaves chopped a little Coriander leaves as desired
- Mix rice, chana dal, urad dal, and yellow split peas in a large vessel.
- Soak in a lot of water for about 2 hours.
- Grind the soaked mixture with chili powder and salt coarsely, without adding much water.
- Ferment for about 3 - 4 hours, then refrigerate or freeze.
- In cold weather, the fermenting process might take longer, and it might be a good idea to ferment in an oven (the pilot light will keep the mixture warm).
- Add either onions (finely cut), carrot (grated) or coconut before preparing.
- Freezing notes if freezing, only ferment for about an hour.
- The mixture will have to be left out for a while before being ready to use.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.