Beans and sweetcorn pottage
- Serves 4 persons.
- 225 g / 8 oz beans
- 225 g / 8 oz corn (picked from the cob)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 3 fresh tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 tablespoon ground crayfish
- 2 sawa (smoked dry)
- 1 lt / 2 pt water
- 3 tablespoon palm oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pick over the beans and sweetcorn, throwing out any stones or pieces of grit.
- Wash and cook the corn in water till soft, add the beans and salt to taste.
- Cook until soft and pulpy approximately 40 minutes adding more water if necessary.
- Add the pepper, sliced onions and tomatoes stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Remove skin and bones from sawa and flake into small pieces.
- Add to the beans together with ground crayfish and palm-oil.
- Check seasoning and stir well.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with fried ata sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.