Lentils with chard and lemon. Serves 6.
- 1½ cups lentils
- 2½ cups Swiss chard leaves
- ¾ cup chopped onions
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch green kizbara (coriander) or 1 stalk celery
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 tsp flour
- Wash lentils well and leave to drain overnight. Wash again in morning and pick over.
- Cook with water to cover in pressure cooker for l0 minutes.
- Open cooker. Add chard leaves which have been chopped with a few stems and one cup water. Cook under pressure another 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry onions in olive oil.
- Crush garlic with salt and add to fried onions.
- Wash and chop kizbara or celery.
- Add with the onions to the chard and lentil mixture. Stir.
- Add lemon juice mixed with one teaspoon flour to thicken the sauce.
- Let simmer until it is like thick soup.
- Add seasonings. Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.