- 4 cup rice cooked al dente
- 4 Italian sausages (sweet or hot) sliced
- 3/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 3/4 cup plumped raisins
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives sliced
- Mix all stuffing ingredients together, add salt and pepper to taste. Moisten with some olive oil. Stuff Chicken, loosely. Seal Chicken; vent and truss. Rub Chicken well with butter and/or olive oil. Add pepper and paprika to taste. Place Chicken on back in a well greased pan. Bake in preheated 425F oven for 10 minutes. Add chicken stock and sherry. Add any unused stuffing. Reduce heat to 350F and roast about 20 minutes per pound. Turn and baste as usual. Add more stock or sherry if needed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.