- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. mozzarella Cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c. pitted sliced * basil sprig
- Arrange 1/2 tomatoes, 1/2 Cheese and 1/2 Onion slices in a large shallow salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped basil. Top with remaining tomatoes, Cheese and Onion.
- In small bowl combine oil, lemon juice, vinegar, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper and mustard until blended.
- Pour over tomatoes, Cheese and onions. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup basil.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, toss and sprinkle with and garnish with basil sprig.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.