This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Massey Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 large bananas peeled and mashed
- 1 cup salted peanuts divided coarsely chopped
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cream softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy then beat in eggs.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed bananas until combined.
- Stir in ½ cup chopped peanuts.
- Scrape batter into well greased loaf pan then sprinkle top evenly with remaining peanuts.
- Bake at 350 °F for 60 minutes then cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out of pan and cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or foil and let sit overnight before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.