- 1½ pounds Beef boneless chuck, tip or round, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1½ pounds Hubbard squash, pared and cut into 1-inch cubes (optional)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen baby lima beans
Remove Squash; mash or purée in blender. Return Squash to Dutch oven. Add tomatoes and beans. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until beans are tender, about 15 minutes. Top each serving with hot cooked rice if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.