Description[edit | edit source]
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Byrd Estate in Cedar Hill, Texas in 1993.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups sliced kale 
- 2 cups undrained canned crushed pineapple
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions[edit | edit source]
- In a covered saucepan, sauté the onions and garlic in the oil for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are lightly browned.
- While the onions sauté, wash the kale.
- Remove the stems.
- Stack the leaves on a cutting surface and slice crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Add the pineapple and its juice to the onions and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the kale, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until just tender.
- Mix in the peanut butter, hot pepper sauce, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve over couscous or rice.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.