- 1 Onion (very large) -chopped
- 1 Swiss chard bunch
- 1 cn Garbanzo beans -(known also as Chickpeas, ceci, etc.)
- 1/2 c raisins
- 1/2 c rice, raw
- 2 yams
- Several fresh tomatoes -(or large can)
- 1 garlic clove -(or more to taste)
- salt and pepper,-to taste
- Tabasco sauce, -to taste
- Fry Onion, garlic and white stems of chard until barely limp.
- Add chopped greens and fry a bit.
- Either peel the yams or scrub them well with a vegetable brush, then slice them into thick slices.
- Add garbanzos, raisins, yams, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cook a couple of minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture in the pot.
- Put the rice in the well and pat it down until it's wet.
- Cover and cook until rice is done, about 25 minutes.
- Add Tabasco sauce to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.