Bogota's chicken and potato soup
- 2 chicken breasts
- garlic and onion
- 12 small yellow potatoes, cut in halves
- chicken stock
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 5mm slices
- 2 ears of corn, cut in halves
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 8 tbsp guascas
- 1 cups of heavy cream, divided
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- Marinate the chicken breasts with garlic, onion and salt.
- Put the breasts, add water, cover and cook.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and discard.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips.
- Cook the yellow potatoes in the casserole with the chicken stock.
- Add more chicken stock to taste.
- Add the potatoes, corn, the bunch of scallions, the bunch of cilantro, and the guascas.
- Stir in the cream reserving 3 tbsp for garnish.
- Serve the chicken on soup bowls and pour the soup into the bowls.
- Pour 3 tbsp of cream and 1 tsp of chopped capers on each bowl.
- Float the sliced avocado on top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.