- 2 lbs crab meat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 4 – 6 cloves
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 green bell peppers, finely chopped
- pinch of paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp dried shrimp
- ½ cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, hard-boiled and finely chopped
- 1 sprig parsley
- Put crab meat in boiling salted water along with ginger piece and cloves.
- Cook about 15 minutes, until meat is tender enough to flake with a fork.
- Drain, flake and set aside.
- In a heavy pot, heat oil to a moderate temperature and add other ingredients in the following sequence, stirring for a minute or so between each: onions, ground ginger, tomatoes, tomato paste, green pepper, paprika, cayenne, and dried shrimp.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 4 – 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until vegetables are cooked.
- Add crab meat and stir another couple of minutes to heat it through.
- Then spoon the mixture into clean crab shells or ramekins (small individual baking dishes).
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of each crab and toast under an oven broiler, being careful not to let the crumbs scorch.
- Garnish with egg and parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.