- 1¼ cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar, brown
- 3 eggs
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate morsels melted
- 2 tsp coffee, instant
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- whipped cream, sweetened
- chocolate syrup
- maraschino cherries with stems
- mint sprigs
- Combine chocolate wafer crumbs and ⅓ cup melted butter; firmly press on bottom and sides of a 9-inch tart pan or pieplate.
- Bake at 350 °F for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cream ½ cup softened butter; gradually add brown sugar with the electric mixer at medium speed until blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in the melted chocolate, instant coffee granules, vanilla extract, flour and chopped pecans.
- Pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake at 375 °F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack.
- Before serving, pipe sweetened whipped cream on each piece and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Garnish with cherries and/or mint if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.