This white-hot American barbecue sauce is added and made with real mayonnaise used for meat and seafood and great for grilling and basting. The effort, flavor, and quality are worth it.
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- ¾ quart apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ¼ tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a very large blender or food processor. (It may be necessary to do this in 2 batches; just add half of each ingredient and then repeat.) Blend for 1 minute, or until thoroughly combined and mixture is smooth. Pour sauce into a large bowl.
- Use when grilling chicken (or meat); brush lightly over the chicken during the last few minutes of grilling. This sauce is also great for dipping; set some sauce aside for passing at the table.
Servings: 4 tablespoons or 3 cups