This white-hot American barbecue sauce is added and made with real mayonnaise used for meat and seafood and great for grilling and basting. The effort, flavor, and quality are ever worth it.
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- ¾ quart apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses, optional
- ¼ tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a very large blender or food processor. (It may be necessary to do this in 2 batches; just add half of each ingredient and then repeat.) Blend for 1 minute, or until thoroughly combined and mixture is smooth. Pour sauce into a large bowl.
- Use when grilling chicken (or meat); brush lightly over the chicken during the last few minutes of grilling. This sauce is also great for dipping; set some sauce aside for passing at the table.
Servings: 4 tablespoons or 3 cups
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.