- 1 lb cod fillet
- 2 cucumbers peeled and seeded.
- 1 cup orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- ¼ cup thinly-sliced green onion
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 4 lemon wedges
- ½ cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp diced red bell pepper
- salt to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Mix the blue cheese salad dressing with the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Broil or sauté the cod fillet, fish should be opaque but barely translucent in the center.
- Bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil, add the orzo and cook to al dente (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Flake the cooled cod fillet.
- Place cod flakes, cucumber slices and orzo in a mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing mixture and green onion slices; mix well.
- Taste, adding salt and pepper as necessary.
- Place 2 lettuce leaves each on 4 chilled plates.
- Divide the salad among the 4 plates.
- Garnish with 1 teaspoon of red bell pepper and 1 lemon wedge.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.