- ¼ kg (about 9 ounces) of pork fat or butter
- ¼ kg of powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- juice from ½ of a lemon
- 2 packs of vanilla
- 150 g (about 5 ounces) of sesame
- Melt the butter or pork fat, combine with the sugar, add the previously beaten eggs, the baking soda and the lemon juice.
- Mix everything well then add flour to obtain a dough with average solidity.
- Spread the dough to a piece of a height of 1 cm (less than half an inch).
- Use a cup to cut circle shaped pieces of cracknel.
- Dip the pieces of cracknel in milk, spread sesame on them and place them on a baking pan.
- Cook in a hot oven.
- Cracknels with sesame do not lose their freshness for a long time.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.