Lamb and white bean soup
- ½ kg lamb or meat balls
- 2 cups of dry white beans
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons ajvar sauce
- 2 tablespoon of vegetta
- 1 tablespoon mint (dried preferably or fresh)
- 2 tablespoon of paprika
- mild peppers
- Boil beans in hot water in an uncovered pot (fill pot just over half with hot water).
- Add lamb or meat balls in (if cooking with beef cooking time will increase).
- When lamb/meatballs are just over half-way cooked heat a pan up and add onions and cook in butter on a low temperature until golden.
- When onions are cooked add paprika mix well then poor into the bean pot.
- Then add your ajvar, vegetta and mint.
- Cover tightly and cook for 2 hours over low heat, or for 45 minutes (if cooking with meatballs).
- This should produce a thickened juice about 40 mm or less.
- Taste your dish and if extra vegetta is needed add to your liking (it taste's like salt).
- Serve hot also try dipping bread into the juice and add mild peppers
- It will go down great enjoy!!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.