Rice pudding is a dessert enjoyed by people of different cultures all over the world. It is made by combining rice with a sweetener and other ingredients often including milk. Those who prize rice pudding often regard it as a comfort food. Others find some of the varieties to be unpleasantly bland and glutinous.
- One quart of milk
- 1/2 teacup of rice
- 2 teaspoons of Sugar
- 1/2 of a nutmeg grated
- a small piece of butter, size of hickory-nut.
- Pick and wash the rice; add all the ingredients.
- Stir all well together, and put in a slack oven one and half to two hours.
- When done pour it in a pudding dish, and serve when cold.
- If baked in an oven, take off the brown skin before it is poured in the pudding-dish, and replace it on the Sop of the pudding as before.