- 2¾ lb carrots; scraped, slice-diagonally
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves; thinly sliced
- 1 lemon; juice only
- 2 tsp cumin seeds; toasted and-crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves; chopped
- Put the carrots in a steamer basket set over boiling water.
- Steam for about 5 minutes, until barely tender.
- Reserve the cooking water and mix 5 tablespoons of it with the hot sauce.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, diluted hot sauce, lemon juice, cumin, salt and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add the carrots, then partially cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, until the liquid is reduced.
- Stir in the mint and serve at once.
- Excellent served with poultry or whitefish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.