- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion ~ chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 can tomato ~ diced
- 2 medium carrots ~ chopped
- 2 stalks celery ~ chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower ~ chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper ~ chopped
- 1 medium turnip ~ chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound chicken breast ~ strips
- 1 medium zucchini ~ dials
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 3 tbsp parsley
- Saute in oil, onion and garlic for 5 mintues.
- Stir in seasonings and sugar.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, celery, cauliflower, pepper, turnip and broth.
- Boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and zucchini, 10 more minutes.
- Cook couscous as directed on package, fluff with fork, stir into mixture and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.