Contributed by Linda in Tennessee at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Please visit her web site http://lindatn37932.tripod.com/
- 2 pounds beef roast
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 soup, onion, mix package
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 3 carrots sliced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 sweet bell pepper green, chopped
- 1 onion yellow
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup tomato juice
- Directions cut beef roast into serving-sized portions.
- Use more beef if you need more than 6 servings.
- Brown beef in a bit of vegetable oil, although you can skip this step if rushed for time.
- Slice onion and separate into rings.
- Dice the peeled carrots, dice the celery and slice the peppers into thin strips or circles.
- Place these into bottom of crockpot.
- Sprinkle the beef pieces with fresh ground black pepper, minced garlic and the onion soup mix.
- Place on top of the vegetables.
- Mix the steak sauce and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl with about ½ cup water and ½ cup tomato juice.
- Pour this over the meat.
- Turn the crockpot to high for 30 minutes, or, if you're in a hurry, skip this step.
- Turn to low, cover and cook for 7-9 hours.
- Keep the crockpot covered as much as possible throughout cooking time.
- A crockpot can be used to cook this type of meal for a varied amount of time,depending on your schedule.
- It is not important that you take the meat and vegetables out at a specific amount of time.
- One or two hours either way usually makes no difference.
- When ready to serve, dip meat and vegetables out of pot with a slotted spoon use the liquid as is or turn crockpot to high and thicken liquid with a little flour or cornstarch.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.