Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Serves 4
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- lemon slices to garish if desired
- Mix broccoli, broth, onion and garlic in large pan over medium high heat.
- Cook until broccoli is tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to blender in batches and puree until smooth.
- Return to pan.
- Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until heated through.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with lemon slices.
- Soup can also be served cold, garnished with plain yogurt.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.