- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 /2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash or canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted cashews or walnuts
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl combine the sugars, Squash, oil, and eggs.
- Beat until well blended. In another large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, allspice, and ginger;
- Add to the Squash mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in the Raisins, nuts, and the water until well blended.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased 9-by 5- by 3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven until a cake tester comes out clean (about 70 minutes).
- Turn the loaf out onto a wire rack to cool before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.