Cheese-filled rice fritters
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ¼ cup water
- 11 cups rice flour
- 4 whole eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoonfuls salt
- 4 tablespoonfuls melted butter
- 2 teaspoonfuls baking powder
- 1 cup grated queso blanco (Puerto Rican white cheese)
- 2 tablespoonfuls grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pint frying oil
- Mix water and wheat flour, blending thoroughly.
- Add whole eggs, one at a time, blending in.
- Slowly add the remaining ingredients, blending thoroughly to assure an even paste.
- Allow to rest for about thirty minutes.
- Fry in a deep fry pan by dropping in spoonfuls in very hot frying oil.
- Remove when golden brown.
- Remove excess oil by blotting with absorbent paper.
- Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.