- 3¾ cups flour
- 2½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⅔ cups raw almond, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- Pour flour into large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center and place sugar, 3 eggs, all yolks, baking powder, salt, and vanilla into well.
- Work the flour into the ingredients in the well until smooth.
- Knead in almonds and cranberries thoroughly for about 5 minutes.
- Grease and flour 2 baking sheets that are at least 15 inches long.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each piece of dough on floured surface into 2½ inch wide place the logs 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Beat remaining egg white and brush over tops of logs.
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Reduce temperature to 325 °F.
- Cut logs diagonally into ½-inch slices and lay, cut side up, on sheets.
- Return to oven for another 15 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.