- This recipe yields 2 quarts.
- 4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup raw wheat germ
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup flax seeds
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup safflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- In a large bowl, place the rolled oats, wheat germ, almond, sunflower seeds, flax seed, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, and toss well to combine.
- In a small bowl, place the remaining ingredients, and stir well to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir well to thoroughly moisten the dry ingredients.
- Transfer the granola mixture to the prepared cookie sheets, evenly dividing it between the two pans, and spreading it to form a single layer.
- Bake at 300 °F for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheets from the oven, stir the granola mixture, spread it out to form a single layer again, switch the placement of the cookie sheets on the racks, and bake the granola mixture an additional 20 minutes.
- Repeat the stirring and spreading procedure, as needed, until the granola mixture is dry and golden brown.
- Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and set the granola aside to cool completely.
- Transfer the granola to an airtight container and can store at room temperature for 4 to 6 weeks.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.