- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c almonds, toasted
- 1 c Unsifted all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 1 lg egg yolk
- 1/4 ts almond extract
- 5 pk cream cheese, softened 8-oz each
- 1 2/3 c sugar
- 2 ts Grated lemon zest
- 5 lg eggs plus 2 yolks
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- 3 tb amaretto liqueur
- 1 tb all-purpose flour
- strawberries for garnish
- Make Crust:
- Lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- In food processor, process Sugar and almonds until nuts are finely ground.
- Add flour and salt; pulse to blend. Cut up butter into bits; add to flour mixture.
- Pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolk and almond extract; pulse just until dough holds together.
- Press dough into prepare pan to line bottom and 2 inch up sides.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. Preheat oven to 400. Bake crust 8 minutes or just until golden. Place on wire rack; let stand stand until cool.
- Make filling:
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in Sugar; beat 3 minutes or until mixture is blended and smooth.
- Beat in lemon zest.
- At medium speed, beat in eggs and yolks, on at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- At low speed, beat in heavy cream and liqueur.
- Beat in flour just until blended.
- Increase oven temperature to 500.
- Pour filling into cooled crust in pan.
- Bake 12 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 200.
- Bake cheesecake 1 hour longer, cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.
- Turn off oven; let cheesecake remain on rack for 30 minutes with oven door propped ajar with wooden spoon. Place cake on cooling rack.
- Let stand until room temperature. Cover; chill 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, run knife around edges of pan to loosen cake.
- Remove pan sides. Place cake on serving dish.
- Garnish with strawberries.
- Before cutting each slice, dip knife in cold water.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.