North African pesto or salsa
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Midwest Traveler
- Makes approx 2 cups.
- 1 small onion, minced
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon saffron mixed into 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup toasted almonds, blanched and slivered
- 3 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large handful mint leaves
- 3 plump garlic cloves
- pinch or two of red pepper flakes
- 1¼ cups olive oil
- lime juice to taste
- Place the onion, raisins, saffron and half the almonds into a large bowl and set aside.
- Puree the remaining almonds, cilantro, mint, garlic, red pepper flakes, olive oil and lime juice.
- Fold the purée into mixture in the bowl.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.