Makes 6 servings.
- 2 to 3 Chicken breasts, boned, skinned and cut into small thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 16-ounce can mixed Chinese vegetables, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple tidbits in juice (drain; reserve juice)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Cook Chicken in oil in large skillet over medium heat until brown.
- Add Chinese vegetables, celery, salt and 1/3 cup reserved pineapple juice.
- Cover and cook 1 minute.
- Blend cornstarch, Sugar, broth and soy sauce.
- Stir into Chicken mixture and cook until thickened and clear, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add pineapple and 1/4 cup almonds. Serve over hot rice.
- Sprinkle with onions and remaining 1/4 cup almonds.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.