- 1 cup shortening
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup ground, blanched almonds
- 1½ cups flour, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Thoroughly mix shortening, sugar and almonds together.
- Sift salt and flour together and work into shortening, sugar, almond mixture.
- Chill dough for 4 hours.
- Roll the dough with your hands until pencil thick. Then, cut into 2½ inch lengths and form into crescents.
- Bake at 325 °F for 14-16 minutes or until set.
- Cool, but while still warm dip into mixture of cinnamon and confectioners' sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.