This recipe is for 2 serves.
- 1½ lbs lean ground lamb
- 1 small eggplant (¾ lb diced)
- 1 tomato — coarsely chopped
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup yogurt
- ¼ cup Parmesan grated cheese
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove garlic — minced
- 2 tbsp dry red wine
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped almonds — toasted
- 3 (8 inch) pita breads—halved
- In Dutch oven brown lamb with onion, eggplant and garlic over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in tomato, wine, salt and cinnamon.
- Continue to cook, covered, for about 20 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in yogurt, almonds, and cheese.
- Spoon 1 cup hot lamb mixture in each ½ of pita bread.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.