Serves 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin, such as Knox
- ⅔ cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- ⅔ cup milk or evaporated milk
- 1½ teaspoons almond extract 
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail with syrup
- Pour the gelatin over the cold water and allow to soften for a few minutes.
- Add the Sugar to the boiling water and stir to dissolve. Stir in the evaporated milk.
- Pour in the softened gelatin mixture and stir in the almond extract.
- Pour the gelatin into a bowl or serving mold if desired.
- Chill until firm. Serve the almond float with the canned fruit and the
- syrup from the can. The almond float may be prepared in advance and
- refrigerated (not frozen) until ready to serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.