- 1 cup (2 sticks) Butter or Margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups (12-oz pkg) HERSHEY'S semi-sweet chocolate Chips
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup Sliced Almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter, Powdered Sugar and salt in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add flour; stir until well blended. With floured hands, press evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Shortly before end of baking time, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until chips are melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in Almond Extract.
- Spread evenly over baked shortbread.
- Sprinkle with Almonds; press down firmly. Cool.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Cut into bars.
- Store covered at room temperature. 24 to 36 bars.