Makes 12 servings.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1¼ cups cold water, divided
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 x 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1¼ cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup toasted chopped almonds
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- In small bowl, combine ¼ cup cold water and gelatin; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup water, rice and sweetened condensed milk in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently; stir in gelatin.
- Remove from heat; stir in coconut and almonds.
- Pour rice mixture into a 9-inch spring-form pan; smooth top.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until blended; stir constantly.
- Spread chocolate over rice mixture.
- Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- To serve, run knife around sides of pan; remove sides.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.