- 1 egg white
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 ounces finely chopped or ground almonds (first blanched and dried)
- First beat the egg white.
- Gradually beat in the sugar, and beat till very stiff.
- Add the chopped almonds.
- Put on oiled paper.
- Bake fifteen to twenty minutes in a cool oven.
- When done, invert the paper and wet with a cloth wrung out of cold water.
- The macaroons will then easily peel off.
- Before baking, the macaroons may be sprinkled with almonds which have been blanched and shredded or chopped.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.