Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Living Diet Online
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Rest Time: 8 hours | Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Servings: 2
- 1 tsp gelatin, unflavored
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup milk, whole
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 drop almond extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tsp orange juice
- ¼ tsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- In a small saucepan sprinkle gelatin over the (cold) water.
- Let stand for 3 minutes to soften.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in milk and the 4½ teaspoons sugar.
- Cook and stir just until milk is heated through and sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in almond extract.
- Pour into two 6-ounce custard cups or disposable plastic cups.
- Cover and chill for at least 8 hours or until firm.
- In another small saucepan combine blueberries, the 1 tablespoon sugar, the orange juice, and cornstarch.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Spoon the sauce into dessert dishes.
- Run a small knife around the edge of each panna cotta; unmold onto sauce.
- 183 Calories | 3g Total Fat | 2g Saturated Fat | 65mg Sodium | 33g Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 0g Sugars | 9mg Cholesterol | 5g Protein
- Exchanges: ½ dairy | 1 fruit | 1 other carb | ½ fat
- Carb choices: 2
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.